John I. Smith K-8 Center's Main Office is open between school hours Monday through Friday. You will find a list of necessary documents below for student registration.
As per Miami-Dade County School Board rule 6Gx13-5A-1.03:
|Students entering prekindergarten classes must be 4 years old on or before September 1. Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1. To enter first grade, students must be 6 years old on or before September 1, and should have successfully completed kindergarten.|
Many different documents are necessary before registering your child. Please have all required paperwork with you before you come in. Any paperwork that is missing or incomplete will prevent or delay registration of your child. Click on the navigation buttons below to learn about the different documents that are needed.
All required documents:
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Florida Immunizations & Physical
- Copy of Lease of home or Copy of Deed
- Copy of FPL bill with homeowner's name & address
- Last FINAL Report Card for student(s) entering 1st grade and above